Re: having trouble playing wav files

  • From: Reg Webb <reg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 23:58:59 +0000

Hi Lois

It's possible that the WAV file was either recorded at something other
than 16 bit at 44.1KHZ, or that it is actually compressed.  You can
either press the "configure" button on the Winamp WAV input plug in, and
see if you can adjust the default settings.  First though, since you can
easily reverse this, try renaming the .WAV file (f2 in Explorer), with a
.Mp3 extension, in case it is a compressed WAV file.  If Winamp still
won't play it, then put the .WAV extension back, and try to play it at a
different bit rate/sampling rate.  Windows Media player seems to be able
to reset itself to the input parameters of these files better than does
Winamp.

Reg

In message <062001c4c061$dd7e0200$0301a8c0@LocalHost>, Lois
<w5mut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes