Re: found my ripped files which are now in WMF?

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 10:22:43 -0600

hi

Why not just re-rip the cd into mp3 and cut out all this conversion stuff?
It is always always best to have original files rather than converted ones, because when you convert, you lose quality. mp3 is already super compressed and then when you convert to something else and then back to mp3, it's even more squashed down.
Every time you convert, the quality gets worse. So find the cd again, and re-rip it into mp3 with Winamp pro. it can be done.

At 05:44 AM 12/19/2005, you wrote:
Hi Sarah
Thanks for the direction, I did find my ripped files, but in a slightly different file, your idea worked fine.
I am apparently not saving my ripped files in MP3 format, but instead they are saved as WMF format. Now I will have to see if my Iriver player will play WMF files or I will have to find way to convert WMF to MP3 format.
I posted a note to see how to convert WMF to MP3.
Thanks again for your help it was great!
Dick
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sarah" <kales2@xxxxxxx>