delay when playing cd's in winamp

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "winamp for the blind list" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 02:03:25 -0800

Hi all, winamp 5.112 and window-eyes 5.5 were both released on the
third of November, and I noticed that with 5.112, that there were
times, especially after the machine had been off for a long time, that
when I would try to play an mp3, it would take a real long time before
the file would start, and winamp would open, but at least with mp3's,
it only would do this randumly, but when playing cd's, it does this all
the time, and there would be times when I would have to wait a half a
minute or more before winamp would start, with no window until winamp
came up when the file would start.  When I went back to winamp 5.094,
it didn't do this, and winamp would come up right away, but it seems to
be the worst in 5.112, and 5.111, but is less of a problem in winamp
5.11, though there is some delay, and I wonder if anybody else is
noticing this when playing cd's with winamp.  I'm using winamp 5.11,
window-eyes 5.5, windows 98 se, 192 megs of ram, and a 400 megs
processor if any of this information is helpful, and I wish I knew why
my library won't fetch stations, it goes out, but that's all, it still
says 0 stations, and it even did this with winamp 5.094, and I know
that version worked with the library.  Thanks in advance for any help,
but this slowness when playing cd's worries me.  It isn't as bad with
5.11, but still, it is noticable.

Marty