check boxes not reading correctly in the system tray

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "winamp for the blind list" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 01:00:06 -0700

Hi all, I did a stream yesterday for eight hours, and as far as I'm
concerned, it was a success, with 3 listeners out of ten, but I'm still
confused about some things, and my questions may seem like they're open
ended and wandering, but they worry me just the same.  Before I did my
stream, which was nothing more than an mp3 of oldies processed with the
audio stocker and the sqr cross fader plugins, and I thought it sounded
pretty good myself, but before the stream, I wanted to see if things
were set up correctly, and at that point, decided to check the check
box to list the stream on shoutcast, but when I did, and after the
firewall prompted me, I found that the check boxes weren't reading
correctly, for example, the advanced check box was reading mp3 format,
and such after I checked the box to list my stream on shoutcast, but
then, after the stream, I listened again to Jonathan's second tutorial
on shoutcasting, and turned off the audio stocker shoutcast muxer.dll,
and with that off, I selected the sqr cross fader, and told it that I
wanted the shoutcast plugin to be second in command, but when I do
that, why does the shoutcast plugin automatically come up, even though
nothing is selected in dsp?  The reason why this can be frustrating,
is, that, if I'm listening to something in winamp, and want to close
it, I get put on the task bar, rather than in the folder where my file
is, which doesn't happen when everything is off.  Also, I wanted to do
some more tests, and to do this, I didn't want to be listed on
shoutcast, so I unchecked the box, and then found I couldn't connect,
until I re-booted, so apparently, shoutcast doesn't like it when you
unlist yourself from their site, because, I could connect, and do my
tests after I re-booted.  I still can't get the line recording to work,
I hear it through the head phones, but when I play back the stream,
there is no talking, and if I talk at the end of the playlist I made, I
don't hear anything, but at least, I got the segways to come through,
so, with that out of the way, I checked what you hear, and the advanced
check box in the shoutcast configuration, and windows volume, and when
I tried to connect, I got the same result, the playback volume went to
0, and I had to go in to playback, and raise the level back where it
was.  Then, I decided to delete the rules my firewall made for the
shoutcast server, and tried to connect, after the list on shoutcast
check box was unchecked, and I had re-booted, and then, everything read
correctly, but why is this?  If I can get the line recording working as
well as getting the playback for the microphone not to drop to 0, when
what you hear is checked with the advanced controls, I'd be happy, but
as it is, right now, I can't talk, possibly the only way I could talk
is to just have the shoutcast plugin selected, with nothing being
second in command, but then, things would sound like an album, and I
want them to sound like a radio station.  I hope that the next time I
stream if I first select the audio stocker plugin from the dsp plugins,
then select the sqr cross fader from the output plugins, and then tell
the shoutcast plugin to be second in command, that the controls in the
sys tray will read okay, because I don't know if this is a contributing
factor to that or not.  All these problems are with window-eyes 4.5sp3,
windows 98 se, a sound blaster live value 3.1 sound card, 192 megs of
ram, a 400 megs processor, the shoutcast 1.80 plugin, the sqr cross
fader 1.65, and the shoutcast server version 1.92 if any of this
information is helpful.  I just hope I haven't done anything to get in
trouble with shoutcast, because, if that same ip address came up again,
would I be able to connect?  Anyway, thanks for reading, but this stuff
is frustrating.

Marty