Re: best audio format for ripping in Winamp

  • From: "Jerry Halatyn" <jhalatyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:17:07 -0400

Joshua,
Unless there's some new format out there that I've never heard of, I believe
you're referring to .AAC files rather than .OG -- you're talking about the
format that Apple uses for its IPods, right?
As I understand it, mp4 and AAC are essentially the same. I'm also not sure
that there is a difference between m4a and mp4. My mp4 encoder rips stuff
and labels it .m4a so, I suspect it might be the same.
Having said all that, I really don't stay on top of the whole format thing
when it comes to compression schemes.
Jerry