Re: anybody know where I could find Winamp 2.9 or there abouts?

  • From: Larry Higgins <lhiggins@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:30:24 -0600

I installed and tried running this input plugin, but can't really be sure
if I managed to actually get version 5 to recognize it. What I heard
sounded kind of hollow. I had to uncheck the box in the
Thomson mp3 pro decoder that allows it to become the default player of all
mp3 files in order to try it at all, and I wasn't impressed with the
results. I'm not sure but what Winamp didn't just default to the Nulsoft
decoder or what. I didn't see anything in the MAD decoder configuration
jdialog box that would make it the default decoder for mp3 files.

Could some one who has used this encoder plugin tell me how to make sure
this thing is really working?