admin just to let you know

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:37:08 -0500

        Hi all
Well, I guess it's official.  Both Rob, our other crazy list administrator
and myself tried to get ahold of smartgroups our former list provider to
ask them to remove our list from their database. All our e-mails bounced
back, so we had to take appropriate actions. If you receive a message
saying that you have been removed from the winamp4theblind group, do not, i
repeat, do *not* panick. it's nothing you did wrong.  This list has been
active at Freelists for a good month now, and when the first batch of
unsubscription notices went out, I have never seen such an outrage in my
life. People actually wrote to the winamp4theblind-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
address, actually angry that they had been removed from the group and
asking why it had happened.   Well, to be honest i was surprised, given the
fact that i had given many many warnings that the list was moving, I mean
we talked about it for almost a month, if not 3 weeks or so, which I feel
was more than enough time to figure out what to do, and even after it
happened, the subscription information was made abundantly clear by not
just me, but by our other administrators as well.
So that's what happened, just in case you get an e-mail saying you were
removed. it was the smartgroups version of the list you were removed from,
not this one. I hope this helps everyone to finally put this issue to
rest.  This list is still very much alive and active, and now that there's
only one list people can post to,  there *shouldn't* be many more problems.