Re: Winamp V5.111 Enquiry

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 20:47:44 -0600

Right, There's a big thread going on about this whole situation on the Winamp.com forums.
Basically, broadcasters are pissed because they broadcast in a genre that can't be seen due to the limits Aol has placed on the number of stations, and listeners are pissed because they don't like having to search for the stations via shoutcast.com, and a lot of times they can't find stations that they know for a fact are there.
So in effect both listeners and broadcasters both lose out on this. I can understand placing a limit on the number of stations, but 1000 just seems like such a small number, given the amount of stations available out there now. If it was me, I'd say 5000 is a good number, but I don't work for AOL/Nullsoft, so I can't make any decisions like that.

At 07:29 PM 11/7/2005, you wrote:
Hi James, we've all had that these days. As has been mentioned, it seems that AOL is limiting the number because of bandwidth and they say it's "temporary." So we just live with this for now and hopefully this'll get resolved.

Peter