Re: Winamp 5.52 and Streaming

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 20:59:14 -0700

Hi, Peter, Jonathan Mosen has done an excellent tutorial for
configuring the shoutcast plugin, and the three links are
http://www.acbradio.org/archives/mainmenu/mm1055.mp3
and
http://www.acbradio.org/archives/mainmenu/mm1096.mp3
and lastly,
http://www.acbradio.org/archives/mainmenu/mm1146.mp3
and there is one last one dealing with configuring the shoutcast server
for broadcasting from your own machine, but I am not exactly sure of
the number of the program, and don't want to give any incorrect
information.
On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 17:38:37 -0600, Peter Donahue wrote:

Hello again Arlene and everyone,

    I currently have Winamp 5.52 installed on this machine and want to
set
up the Shoutcast and Audio Stocker Plug-Ins in order to stream to the
Internet. I'm using JFW 9.0 and am not having major issues accessing
various
features of the program although I wish I could hide the Winamp Tool
Bar. I
now need to know the best procedure for setting up Shoutcast and Audio
Stocker with this version of Winamp. I like this version as it uses the
standard Windows Menu Bar although I believe JAWS could be scripted so
it
reads the Menu Bar better. You cannot access the menu bar simply by
pressing
the, "Alt" Key. You need to know which menu you need to access the
feature
you need or learn it's shortcut.

    I've heard that Shoutcast 1.8 is the best version to use. Does
anyone
know where to get it? I currently have v1.9 ready to install along with
Audio Stocker.  Hence I have everything I need to set up my stream, but
little coaching won't hurt. Supper's cooking so I better attend to it.

Peter Donahue

winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

or

Marty