Re: What's the most Stable vershion of Winamp?

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 19:56:18 -0600

These are good points. Also, if you do uninstall Winamp, please make sure that Winamp is completely uninstalled before you re-install it again with the things Ron suggested. To do this, go to start menu, programs, winamp sub menu, and press enter on uninstall Winamp.

Then follow the prompts, and you might receive a message that says, not all files in c:\program files\Winamp were removed. You will have to manually remove these files yourself by going to c:\program files\ and deleting the Winamp folder. It should go without saying that Winamp should not be running when you do this. I know that that's not likely to happen, but you can never be too careful. After this, you can install Winamp again and it will be a fresh install. that should also fix any earlier problems.

At 07:44 PM 11/4/2006, you wrote:
Hi Mitch,

I have had no major problems with any recent version of Winamp if the following installation choices are made.

You should not install modern skin support. You should not install the Winamp agent. You should not install Winamp visualizations.