Weirdness with WinAmp 5.6.6

  • From: "Walt Smith" <ka3lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 11:39:17 -0400

I've had this version installed for quite a while, but it *seems* as if this
issue has only started relatively recently--but I'm not 100% sure. I have
all of the various "optional" windows closed: when I click on an MP3 file to
play it, the first thing that JAWS tells me is "WinAmp Video," and the clip
begins to play. Now, if I press Control+Tab, nothing changes because I've
closed all other windows. If I now press Alt+W (to open the Main window), a
second window opens and the words "WinAmp Video" are *not* displayed in the
window title--only the name of the selection being played. Control+Tab now
moves me between two windows; the one with only the name of the clip and the
one that announces "WinAmp Video." Theoretically, at this point, pressing
Alt+V should close the Video window, leaving only the Main window, but when
I do this, I'm told that I'm trying to close the only open window. I'm
assuming that something's hosed in the configuration settings, but I'm not
sure what it might be. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

--
Walt Smith - Clearwater, FL
ka3agm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx