Toews, the Waves, and You

  • From: Bruce Toews <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Broadcasting Lists <blind-broadcasters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, blindcast@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, exploders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, internetradio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, radioclassics@xxxxxxxx, streamad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 06:30:33 -0600 (CST)

As we eagerly wait in anticipation for the inevitable reversal of the Earth's magnetic field ( you know you want it), why not sit back and find yourself attracted to Toews on the Waves this weekend as it presents an irresistible force through your computer speakers. We're positive that boredom won't bar your way as you walk through the field of entertainment which is Toews on the Waves. The poles are in, Toews on the Waves will pull you in. Please see the bottom of this message for the where, the when, the how, for listening in.

First, of all, remember that Friday from 4 to 6 Central we're replaying last week's show, the show where we aired the described video version of the hit Canadian TV smash comedy, Corner Gas. Listen to the pilot episode, close your eyes and enjoy all the onscreen hilarity via described video. That's in the second hour, after episode 4 of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. And don't forget my Valentine's Day story in song as our fifteen-minute spotlight in the first hour. If you dared miss the show last week, here's your chance to redeem yourself: tonight (Friday) at 4:00 Central.
Now for the new show Sunday at 6:00 Central. This week in our fifteen-minute spotlight, we'll feature songs about walking.We'll also have a Song I Can't Stand, Ripley's Believe It or Not, and the standard-issue much, much more that has grown to be such a popular feature on TOTW. Who is the love of my life? What's my secret to financial independence? What does the Toews on the Waves studio overlooking the Red River in beautiful winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada really look like? these questions and more won't be answered in the first hour of the show.

In our second hour, we present, of course, episode 5 of The Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. What happens to Arthur, Ford and the gang at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe? This question *will* be answered in our second hour. Then, by request, an episode of the Jack Benny Show. In this episode, which features a legendary flubbing of the lines by Mary Livingstone (the famous Chiss Sweese Sandwich flub), Jack dreams he has murdered the Sportsmen Quartet.
All in two hours, you ask. You bet, I say. It's just a little more fun than you're allowed to have by law, and it's here for you this week on Toews on the Waves.

--

TOTW first airs Sundays at 6:00 PM Central (7:00 PM Eastern, 4:00 PM
Pacific, Mondays at 0:00 UTC). The program is repeated the following

High-Speed Stream: http://radio.shellworld.net:8000
Dial-Up Modem Stream: http://radio.shellworld.net:8080

The show is also available via podcast. The link for the podcast can be
found at www.totw.net.