Re: Telling winamp to use a different soundcard?

  • From: Reg Webb <reg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 15:55:21 +0100

Hi

 From the preferences tree view, select the output sub-branch of the plug
ins branch.  Tab to the list of installed output plug ins, and select
the one you are using in the list;  EG Direct Sound.  Tab to the
configure button, and press the spacebar.  If you look at the screen
with your screen reader's mouse, you should find the default setting
which is "primary sound driver", or you might find something that refers
to a specific sound card.  Whatever you find that looks like a sound
driver or output device, left click, and that should bring up a combo
box that will show you the alternatives available on your particular
system.  So, if you select the sound driver that refers to the sound
card you want Winamp to use, and press OK, and then press the close
button on the preferences dialogue, you should get output from the
selected sound card.  I hope that works for you.

Reg

In message <002401c44ff4$911eb5e0$26a76618@cr267221b>, Dan Eickmeier
<va3ets1@xxxxxxxxxx> writes

--