Re: Sorry, Alt L does not work, this time out!

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 15:15:59 -0500

Hi Mac
Ok, let me post your questions with my responses afterwords so it's clear.
and hey, no need to be all formal, this is a relaxed atmosphere where you
can just be yourself. we're your friends and we're here to help.

Ok, you said:

>OK, I uninstalled win amp 5.02.  When I did this, a message came up saying
>something like "Not all of the program has been uninstalled- you must
>uninstall the rest of the program yourself", with an "OK space bar".  I can
>only assume that that involves the plug-ins, because they were "right there"
>(I think!?).
>Chris replies:

This is absolutely correct. You must delete the entire folder yourself and
anything relating to it.
so if you go into c:\program files and you have a Winamp folder, send it to
the recycle bin and don't give it a second thought.

Mac continues:

>I have found the registration info, in a saved E mail, from "I River" or
>something ( to do with Nullsoft).  I also found a password for the Nullsoft
>webpage, but that is another issue.  So, now I need to follow your
>instructions, but I think I need some more info about plug-ins.  I will
>review your post, Joshua's post and Rob's post; then maybe I will get a
>handle on all of this.  I was not reticent to do this on my own, nor was I
>trying to stay away from the list.  Rather, I was simply trying to be
>conservative, in the length of my posts, because of hearing about that on
>other lists (You know, control replying to messages, time and time again).
>I appreciate your interest; it is probably the first time I have seen you
>moderators take such an interest.  I say that not to be sarcastic or
>facetious, just to praise you for what seems to be a renewed interest (with
>a new list comes better monitoring).
>Chris replies:

Hey, it's what we're here for. With regard to length of posts, it's clarity
that counts, if you're as clear as possible it helps everyone get the
question answered sooner and hey that's what the list is for. If you're
really short and you say hey i downloaded this plugin and i don't know what
it is with it, what should I do? that's not really helpful because we don't
know what plugin it is, we have no idea what screenreader you're using,
what kind of system you have, ...so many things factor here. so it was nice
that you were so specific.

  Yes, it's Nullsoft who you got your e-mail from, and you can enter your
registration key right from Winamp, plugins aren't the issue here, at least
not with Winamp pro. So go back to the preferences, head up top to the
Winamp pro area and press the space bar on the enter registration key
button. Next a dialogue appears asking you for your 20 digit registration
key.  Find your registration key and copy it to the windows clipboard, and
then go back to the registration entry dialogue there and paste it
in.  Then press enter on the ok button and you *should* be all set.
Also, thanks for the kind words. It's comments like that make it a little
easier to be a list admin.
Thanks.