Re: Registration key location in winamp pro?

  • From: Jack Conti <jackconti@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 22:52:10 -0400

Hi chris maybe this one isn't so easy... I own pro and usually on the winamp page it says own pro get it here... I can't find where to download winamp 5.5 smile. I can't go back to full grin. any ideas.

At 08:20 PM 10/10/2007, you wrote:
Howdy Steve
This is an easy one.

 1.  Press control plus p for the preferences.

2. Goto the tree view and then press your home key to get to the top. This is where you want to be. The first item in the list there is Winamp pro. 3. Ok, just press your tab key a few times and it should tell you if the registration information is still on the machine. On all the systems i've tried this on, i have a desktop and a laptop both running xp home, it seems to stay in the registry even if you uninstall Winamp One school of thought says this is sloppy and that the registry entries should be removed when you uninstall it, because you obviously don't want it anymore. But the other school of thought says that if you ever need to uninstall, and re-install Winamp, as I'm sure lots of us have had to do a few times, then your registration code and everything will still be right there and you'll have all the features of pro without having to enter your key again.

Hope this helps.

At 06:39 PM 10/10/2007, you wrote:
Hi,

I just helped a friend install winamp pro version 5.35. He had a corrupted copy of winamp 5.3, which he registered. We completely uninstalled that version, including removing the winamp folder under c:\program files, but only after first using the proper uninstallation process under control panel.

My question is, how do we reinstall his key in winamp pro? Where in the program do you go to in order to determine if the program is registered? Any notions? I can't tell if the current new installation is fully registered with his key. He's more of a novice than I am.

Thanks,
Steve