Re: Playlists can also be created from library

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 05:10:43 -0600

Well guys, all this is wonderful info, it really is! But the library isn't quite the same as all this. I'm trying to familiarize myself a little more with the library, i'm a wizz at creating playlists by the methods you guys have described,in fact I've done it this way for years. But if I've got it right, the Winamp library can catalog your music into pplaylists, you can give songs ratings, figure out which songs have recently played, never played, and other criteria.
But the thing is for some of the tracks, it seems like the titles appear as, no artist, no title, when in fact i know for sure that the songs all have the proper file names. Now keep in mind guys, I'm talking about the library, not the playlist editor, we're talking about 2 different windows here just so we'e all on the same page. In the playlist editor, these tracks all read fine, but in the library, they don't. it's just weird.
I wonder if some of my mp3s haven't been tagged properly in the ID3 tag editor? If that's the case, I may have to run the offending files through that, give it the proper info like track title, artist, song title, album title etc. so that all this info will show up. it's kind of confusing when you arrow through the library and you hear, or in fact see, no artist, no title for some things.

Actually if you have a folder of songs in the order you want them, just add the folder. That is quicker and I found that out by accident. That helps in a pintch when I'm broadcasting.