Over Donuts with Glaze, Enjoy Toews on the Waves

  • From: Bruce Toews <bruce@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 03:02:22 -0500 (CDT)

It's new, it's improved. Okay, it's pretty much like it always was,but it sounded better the first way. So even though it's not, pretend that ... It's new, it's improved, it's (and this is true) 100.3% Pepsi-free, it's Toews on the Waves!

After a three-week vacation, I'm back in the announcer's chair (much to the chagrin of the chair), ready to bring you another coolness-filled episode of the show. In our twenty-minute spotlight this week, we look at the color yellow. Not only is it the third color of the rainbow acronym ROYGBIV, it's also a color with a, um, colorful musical history. Isn't that clever? No? Okay, well, fine. The spotlight goes, just the same. We also have the usual features you've come to know and know: Songs I Can't Stand, Ripley's Believe it or Not, and a whole lot more.

In the second hour, we celebrate the life of my father, who passed away eight years ago today. Since it was he who introduced me to old-time radio, I will play two shows in his memory. The first is an episode of Fibber McGee and Molly which he and I listened to together in 1979. The laundry bundle has gone missing, and not surprisingly, Fibber is not the model of coolness and calmness, to say nothing of collectedness. Since Dad was always fond of westerns, I'll then play a humorous episode of Frontier Gentleman. I end the show, as I do every year, by singing Oh My Papa.

So I hope you'll join me this evening on Toews on the Waves. If you're free before that, catch Jonathan Mosen and the Mosen Explosion, also on the Legend, at 2:00 PM Eastern, 11:00 AM Pacific.

Toews on the Waves can be heard Sunday evenings, with a repeat on Wednesday evenings. For both evenings, the show airs from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM Eastern, or 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM Central, 5-7 PM Mountain, or 4-6 PM Pacific. To listen, direct your browser to http://www.billsparks.org. Click on The Legend, and then choose your favorite media player.