Not All XM Channels Are Gone from AOL

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 00:01:00 -0400

Just wanted to mention here that not all of the XM channels are gone from AOL;
so if you have bookmarks for them, you may not want to simply delete them
without checking first to see if they still work.

The channels I know of that are definitely gone that I did have bookmarks for
are Sixties on 6, Seventies on 7, Eighties on 8, Top Tracks and Deep Tracks.

However, the bookmarks I have for Seventies Black Music, Eighties Alternative,
Psychedelic and Progressive are still working. There may well be other channels
that are working that I don't know about.

I don't know whether these channels will keep on working, or whether they will
drop out at any time. But I thought that I would mention to people that they
should check their bookmarks before deleting them, and to not just assume that
all of their XM bookmarks will no longer work.

I have signed up for the free trial of XM, and I can tell you that Winamp
bookmarks are by far the most convenient method for playing stations, so if you
have any XM bookmarks that still work, you will certainly want to use the
Winamp bookmark method to play them for as long as you can.

Evan