New Oddities With Winamp Library and the number of Stations in Cash

  • From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Winamp For The Blind" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:55:13 -0500

Hi List,

Well here we go again.  If you by any chance have looked at the number of
stations that Winamp is finding in the library with the new 5.12 release, you
will now see that it has been reduced by one.  The maximum for the past few
releases was 1000.  Well it is now (trumpets blare and fanfare calls!!) 999.
Yes, they have reduced it by 1.  Now here's something really odd.  If you look
at the preferences/media library/online media/cash preferences, you will see
that it is defaulting not to 500 as it was for years, but it defaults to 15,000
stations.  So why is it only retrieving 999 stations he asks?  He answers Who
the heck knows!!
I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of Winamp to verify this and it is
truly so.

And so goes another episode in the saga we could call 'as the station library
presets turn' <guffaw>!

The Scourge Of Authoritarianism Is Intellectualism