Re: More on the Winamp Sluggishness Issue

  • From: patrick perdue <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bruce Toews <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 00:10:07 -0400

Indeed, that's quite messed up.
I have systems on two extremes, an Athlon XP-3000  2.17 GHZ with 2GB of memory
and
an Athlon k6 300 mhz with 64 MB, and I don't have any problems as
described here.
My Laptop, a 2.8 GHZ celeron does slow down a bit when winamp is loaded,
but then it only has 256MB of memory, and shared memory with the video
card. I expect upgrading the ram will at least help a little.