More info on replay gain crashing

  • From: Christopher Bartlett <bridgeweaver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "winamp4theblind-freelists.org" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 04:17:00 -0800

Ok, the file it appears to be crashing on is of type .mp3. Interestingly enough, when I open up the file info using alt-3, there is no field for replay gain information either for track or album, though such fields do appear in other .mp3 files I have seen. Here is the virtualized window for the alt-3 dialogue.

04 Darkening of the Light.mp3 Properties
General ID3v1
Title Darkening of the Light
Artist Concrete Blonde
Album Bloodletting
Year 1990 Track 4
Genre Rock
Comment

And here is the window with the general tab chosen

04 Darkening of the Light.mp3 Properties
General ID3v1
Type: MPEG-1
Location: C:\My Music\Concrete Blonde\Concrete Blonde-Bl
Size: 8.0MB (8,366,080 bytes)
Length: 0:03:29.2
MPEG Audio
Layer: III
Bit Rate: 320 kbps
Sample Rate: 44100 Hz
Mode: Joint Stereo
Emphasis: none
Flags: Copyright
Original
CRC Protection
Save Cancel

I am suspicious that there is something about this particular file that prevents Winamp from processing it correctly, but that they didn't handle the exception correctly.

Anyone got any ideas here?

        Chris Bartlett