Mikes Mess 4th of July weekend marathon - This week - cavalcade Of America

  • From: "Michael Gorman" <mikesmess@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mikesmess2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <internet-radio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <cheryljackmorgan1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 15:19:06 -0700

Hey all

This weekend we are celebrating the 4th of July here in the United States,
and the best way to do this is to play a show that gave all sides of History
and was quite popular in it's many year run. It is called Cavalcade Of
America. Here is the information about this show curtesy of archive.org and
the Old Time Radio Researchers Group.

CAVALCADE OF AMERICA

The Cavalcade of America is an anthology drama series that was sponsored by
the DuPont Company. It was initially broadcast on radio from 1935 to 1953,
and later on television from 1952 to 1957. Originally on CBS, then later
changing to NBC, the series pioneered the use of anthology drama for company
audio advertising. The Cavalcade of America documented historical events
using stories of individual courage, initiative and achievement, often with
feel-good dramatizations of the human spirit's triumph against all odds.
This was consistent with Du Pont's overall conservative philosophy and
legacy as an American company dating back to 1802. The company's motto,
"Maker of better things for better living through chemistry," was read at
the beginning of each program, and the dramas emphasized humanitarian
progress, particularly improvements in the lives of women, often through
technological innovation.

Martin Grams, Jr. is the author of the highly-acclaimed publication, "The
History of the Cavalcade of America", the authorized guide to the history of
the popular radio/television series. The 500 page book is available from all
major bookstores, including Amazon.com and Borders.com. This book comes
highly recommended. It served as an invaluable resource with determining
correct titles of episodes. It features an extensive episode guide. Each
episode has the names of the radio actors, which allowed, in the case of
repeated shows, one production to be distinguished from another.

Terry Salomonson provides valuable information at his website,
http://www.audio-classics.com, and list the Broadcast history, air dates,
Directors, Producers, Writers, Music Director, Commercial Spokesperson,
Announcers, Host, ratings, and a log.

This show will start on Friday the 3rd of July at 7:00PM and run until we
play all 200+ that we have. If you wish to hear it go to
http://www.miksmess.com/theater.html. Click the Listen Live link and
player that fits your needs. If you wish to write me drop me an email at
theater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:theater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> . So check out this
look at history in Cavalcade Of America program and enjoy

Bye for now

P. S. Last week we started late due to a problem connecting to the machine.
I hope this does not happen again, but if it does be patient and I assure it
will start as soon as possible. Things don't always work when we want them
to, especially computers.