Making Waves with Toews on the Waves

  • From: Bruce Toews <bruce@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 02:30:33 -0500 (CDT)

After a simply marvelous stint in front of the microphone by DJC, this week Toews on the Waves is back. Yes, back, I say, back. And it will indeed bee a cool thing.

In our twenty-minute spotlight this week, we will be featuring songs about home: Is home where the heart is? How do you get there? How far are you from it? What's waiting for you there? These and other questions may possibly be answered in our twenty-minute spotlight. We also have your usual plethora (yes, plethora) of features to keep you amused and amazed: Songs I Can't Stand, Ripley's Believe it or Not, the Mooth Meditative Moment, the free-money giveaway (oh wait, that's Brian's show ... or is it?), and much much more. Stay tuned in September for a whole new set of features on top of the ones we already have.

In our second hour, we go overseas to Britain. First we'll check out life aboard a frigate on The Navy Lark and relive the morning after. Then we'll explore the Case of the Missing CD Plate with our pals, The Goons. Diplomatic of us, don't you think?

So here's what you do. Plunk yourself down in front of the computer at 2:00 Eastern on Sunday. Be amazed, enriched, enlightened, and entertained by Brian Hartgen and the Music Machine. Then sit back and enjoy the wonderfulness loads of fun, upbeatness and great music that comprise Jonathan Mosen's Mosen Explosion at 4:00 PM Eastern. Sounds good so far, doesn't it? Well, right after all that, you'll hear Toews on the Waves, hosted by me at 7:00 PM Eastern, with all the fabulous things I described for you in the previous paragraphs. Then, just when you think your senses can't have any more enjoyment, sit back and listen as Michael Godin takes you down the path of musical memory during four hours of Treasure Island Oldies. And the best part? You can find all of these stellar programs in one spot: The Worldwide Legend!

Toews on the Waves can be heard Sunday evenings from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM Eastern, or 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM Central, 5-7 PM Mountain, or 4-6 PM Pacific. To listen, direct your browser to http://www.billsparks.org. Click on The Legend, and then choose your favorite media player.