Re: MP3Pro Plug-in

  • From: "Kelly Pierce" <kpierce2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 10:47:27 -0500

Hello,

I will respond to several messages with this single message.

1.  Live365 is an internet radio service.  it provides bandwidth, content
licensing, marketing, and promotion to broadcasters on its service.  It
offers listeners access to thousands of Internet audio streams with a
variety of music, talk, cultural, and information programming.  A lot of the
programming is highly original and unique.  for example, this morning I
listened to a new York radio station broadcasting a new documentary on
preventive war.  to learn more, explore the website at:

http://www.live365.com

2.  regarding accessing Live365 streams with winamp, it is first necessary
to be a registered member of live365.  if one is not registered, one cannot
listen to any audio streams in any player.

When registering, the end user is prompted to choose a default media player.
the Live365 player is checked on this webpage by default.  the page also
offers three other selections:  real Player, windows media, and your default
MP3 player.  for all of us here, if we have properly assigned file types
correctly, winamp plays MP3 streams by default.  If it doesn't, go into
preferences and fiddle with file types.

if you blew past this screen during registration and now wish to change
things, go to the Live365 help page at:

http://www.live365.com/help/listen/windows/

and choose the link "choose it as your default media player" or "listen
settings."  Check the other media player checkbox and submit the form.

Now when you select the link to listen to a station winamp will come up
automatically.  If you like the station and want to listen to it again, I
suggest saving it in your winamp bookmarks.  This avoids the hassle of the
pop ups on the site when all you want to do is listen to a Live365 station.

remember it is important to enable cookies and check the checkbox on
registration to be logged in automatically.  this will allow Live365 to
attach your name and password to your bookmark.

Kelly