Join Me This Weekend on Shellworld Radio

  • From: Bruce Toews <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: radioclassics@xxxxxxxx, winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, exploders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, internetradio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, blind-broadcasters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, blindcast@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 02:50:02 -0500 (CDT)

While we all wait impatiently for the triumphal return of Jonathan and the Mosen Explosion, I invite you to join me this weekend on Shellworld Radio for Toews on the Waves: Teh Show of No Fixed Format (TOTW) and Radio Classics. See the bottom of this message for times and how to listen.

This week on Radio Classics, we feature two episodes of the Lux Radio Theater: The Maltese Falcon, staring Edward G. Robinson, Gail Patrick and Laird Cregar; and A Night to Remember, staring Robert Young and Anne Sothern.

On TOTW this week, in our fifteen-minute spotlight, we feature some of my favorite sappy love songs. In the novelty portion of the program, we feature such great comedy bits as a fabulous Stan Freberg spoof of "Cry" by Johnny Ray; Shatespearean Baseball by Wayne and Shuster; Williams and Ree, the Royal Canadian Air Farce, Vaughn Meader, and the ever-popular much, much more. So I hope you can join me either Saturday or Sunday evenings for these great programs.

Both TOTW and Radio Classics air twice each weekend. On Saturdays, Radio
Classics airs from 6:00 to 8:00 PM Central (7-9 PM Eastern, 4-6 PM
Pacific); TOTW follows from 8:00 to 10:00 PM Central (9-11 PM Eastern, 6-8
PM Pacific). On Sundays, the shows air in the same four-hour time slot but
in reverse order: TOTW from 6:00 to 8:00 PM Central, with Radio Classics
following from 8:00 to 10:00 PM Central. To listen to the show, you can
follow the links at www.ogts.net, or you can plug these addresses directly
into your media player:

High-Speed Stream: http://radio.shellworld.net:8000
Dial-Up Modem Stream: http://radio.shellworld.net:8080