Join Me This Weekend on Shellworld Radio

  • From: Bruce Toews <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: radioclassics@xxxxxxxx, winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, internetradio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, blindcast@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, blind-broadcasters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 07:48:43 -0500 (CDT)

This weekend sees the debut of a new Internet radio station, Shellworld Radio. I have the privilege of launching Shellworld Radio, and will be doing so this Saturday evening at 6:00 PM Central time with Toews on The Waves: The Show of No Fixed Format followed by the best from the Golden Age of Radio with Radio Classics.

Toews on The Waves (TOTW) is a weekly dose of oldies, novelty music, and then some. In addition to our weekly features such as Songs I Can't Stand (a look at a song which made it onto the charts but I honestly don't understand why), Guilty Pleasures (a song which I or a listener happens to like but is embarrassed to admit to liking), we'll be featuring instrumentals in our fifteen-minute spotlight as well as a couple of story songs. Hour two tends to be devoted to novelty, and this week we have the likes of Wayne and Shuster, Tom Lehrer, Ray Stevens and, how about this, even I'll be singing a song before the show's done.

This week on Radio Classics, which immediately follows TOTW, we start things off with The Jack Benny program; we follow it up with an episode of The Shadow, and in our second hour we present parts 1 and 2 of a BBC adaptation of Galahad at Blandings by P.G. Wodehouse.

So join me Saturday from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM Central, that's 7:00 to 11:00 PM Eastern, 4:00 to 8:00 PM Pacific, or you can join me Sunday evening when these shows repeat at the same times. To access Shellworld Radio, for now, you can just go to my website and follow the linksstarting just before showtime. The Website address is www.ogts.net. If you'd rather go to the streams directly, again, starting just before showtime, plug these addresses directly into your media player:

High-speed Internet users: http://radio.shellworld.net:8000
Dial-up Internet users: http://radio.shellworld.net:8080

I hope you can join me this weekend as we hopefully change the way you think of Internet radio.

Bruce