I'm a new list member, just joined today

  • From: mbern6516@xxxxxxx
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 19:56:08 -0500 (EST)

When I submitted this post earlier, it didn't get through, so hopefully it will work this time.

Hello everyone,
My name is Mike. I'm a brand-new member on this list; I just joined
today. I'm in the process of preparing to become a dj on mushroomFM,
and I'm trying to figure out which player would be more suitable for
broadcasting, Winamp or Station Playlist Studio. Winamp sounds rather
enticing, as it's free. This is especially nice for those of us who
have tight budgets. Anyway, if I should decide to go the Winamp route,
I have a few questions:
1. For any of you who use Winamp for broadcasting, do you know of a
cart machine plug-in that will not only work with Winamp, but is also
compatible with shoutcast? I'm looking for something that would serve
as a virtual cart machine, which would allow me to play jingles and/or
sound effects at any point during my show?
2. When playing songs in a long playlist, I've heard from other online
DJs, that when you add a track to an existing playlist, Winamp has this
quirky habit of placing tracks at the bottom of the list, instead of
where its supposed to be. For example, You have a playlist containing
20 songs, and while the current track is playing, you get a request for
a song, and add it to the list. If you wanted the requested track to
play immediately after the current track has ended, is there any way to
force Winamp to place the inserted track in the appropriate place, so
that after the current track  has ended, the requested track will then
have focuss?
3. I recently downloaded Winamp version 5.63. Is it compatible with Windows xp and window-eyes? Thanks.
Mike
Rochester, NY.

the list owners at winamp4theblind-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.