Re: Hi everybody

  • From: "Darren Paskell" <darren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 23:01:18 +0100

Hi Claudio and Reg.

Yes, Virgo 2 is a screen reader produced by Baum, a German access technology
manufacturer. I don't know whether or not they support Winamp out of the
box, but it appears they don't. I know that Virgo 2 supports writing
VBScript code to improve access to applications, although I have to say I've
never used it and don't have access to it. However, with this in mind, it
aught to be possible for a Virgo 2 developer to colaborate with David Truong
and Andrew Heart two of the authors behind the Winamp scripts, since their
efforts could prove useful when improving access for Virgo 2. In particular,
their efforts with providing access to the Winamp EQuiliser will prove
useful, as VBScript supports the same technology which allows Jaws to
interface with third-party software which can then bridge a connection from
the screen reader to Winamp.

Unfortunately Claudio, this doesn't help your problem in the immediate
future. What i suggest you do, is to write to Baum technical support, and
ask them whether or not they support Virgo 2 with Winamp from the factory.
If you have any programming experience, I would be happy to aid in your
efforts if you wish to make Winamp accessible to Virgo 2, although I can't
do the whole thing because I don't have Virgo. However, if you are unable to
tackle this yourself, ask a member of Baum's staff if they would be willing
to make Winamp accessible. If you can write to me off-list with their
technical support e-mail address, I will write to them and ask them if I can
be of assistance, since I've been doing a lot of work recently with
controlling Winamp remotely and making areas of it accessible to third-party
applications.

Good luck!

Regards,
Darren