Here's how to get Winamp to be the default player for files: RE: How do I get Winamp to be the default media player in Windows 10?

  • From: Kevin Minor <kminor65@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 01:34:45 -0400

Hi.

The Microsoft folks responded back to me quickly. Here's what to do to
change the file association to use Winamp.

Go into Windows Explorer and select a file you want to open with Winamp.

Hit the context key, and select properties.

Now TAB until you find a change button and select that.

Here's where you can select Winamp as your player. I didn't see this option
in the selection dialogue, but I was told to check the always use the
program for this file type.

That's all there is to it. I'm a happy Windows 10 user now.

Have a great night.

Kevin Minor, Lexington, KY