File Types Question

  • From: "Mich Verrier" <mich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindmoviebuffs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 22:39:09 -0500

Hi all. I am just wondering. I have a file that plays in winamp just fine it is
a .avi file extension. What I am wondering is can I change this to a .mp3
extension with out damaging the file? and if so how would I do this? is it just
a simple madder of erasing the letters and putting.mp3 at the end of the file
name?  because I want   it to play in my dvd player if possible. The same
question applies to another file that I have witch is a.wmv file. I don't know
that much about this hole thing so I hope that someone on hear can ancer my
question. many thanks. from Mich Verrier from New Liskeard Ontario Canada.