Re: Creating Playlists

  • From: <commodore128@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 01:02:01 -0500

Ok, here goes.  I go into Winamp and bring up the Playlist editor with
Alt-E.  Then I hit the letter L and start adding songs, folder by folder.
I'll go through this step any number of times to get each individual song I
want from all the various folders.  As I'm doing this, I'll go and see if
the songs are showing up in the list.  After the first couple dozen songs or
so, I'll go ahead and perform a Save As, and store the file in a folder.
I'll go to check that the file is there in Windows Explorer and switch back
to Winamp.  I'll continue adding songs and periodically save again.  By the
end, I'll sort of glance over the list to see if the songs are all there.
I'll arrow down a few times then go straight to the end of the list to see
if the last few songs are there that I added.  Everything looks good at this
point.  I should mention also that as I added songs I play a song or two to
double check which song it is (can't always remember the song by just
looking at the title *grin*).  Interestingly enough, Winamp actually starts
going through and playing songs that are on the playlist.  When I'm in the
window to pick an individual file, I bring up the context menu and choose
the menu file that says, Play in Winamp.  It doesn't just play that one file
though, it'll go ahead and play the other files as well.  Anyways, this is
about the only time the Playlist works.  Right after I've completed adding
all the songs I want on the list, I do the one last save and then close the
editor.  I then go back into Windows Explorer and hit Enter on the newly
created .M3u file.  One of the songs I chose will begin playing.  The song
finishes and another song begins playing.  That one finishes and....that's
it, no more.  I say, what the heck?  I open the file in Notepad and see that
there are now only two songs in the list.  This happened to be the second
time I attempted to create a Playlist.  The first time I didn't even get
that.  Only one lousy song remained.  All the other songs were gone.  I
can't understand how all those songs could just disappear after having
performed multiple saves.  The only thing I can figure is that somehow   by
my playing the music files while creating the list, it's interfering somehow
and messing things up.  I can't remember if the songs that remained on the
list were the ones I played while creating the list.  And there you are.
Any ideas what the problem could be?

Mike