Christmastime is almost here and Santa's on his way

  • From: "Mike Bernard" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mbern6516" for DMARC)
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 10:39:15 -0500

Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and all that lot old chaps.
It's the holidays! Jolly well it is! No I'm not from the UK, I just like to
talk like I am sometimes. It's fun, However, it's impossible to write with
an accent "smile".

It's Santa Mike here with you and I've got lots of toys and goodies on my
sleigh. Every station staff member is gonna smile, to see a dj, who really
knows how to put on a show! Ok so it doesn't rhyme like it does in the song,
but you get the idea. This is my very first holiday program with ACB Radio
Interactive, and tonight, I'd like to present to you my musical gift. For
the past several days now, you've been hearing a promo regarding this
wonderful special program filled with all the music you can handle, and
tonight's the night. It's a 4 hour episode of The Best Of Yesterday and
Today! Yup you heard correct, not 1, not 2, not even 3, but 4 full hours of
all your favorite Christmas and other holiday tunes back to back from 7 to
11 pm Eastern, 6 to 8 central, 5 to 7 mountain, and 4 to 6 pacific, and all
are welcome. Fellow djs, management team, and other station staff, that
means you too. You didn't think for a moment\ that I was going to leave all
of you out now did you? In addition to the great Christmas music I've got
planned, I'm also extending my selection to include Jewish holiday music.
This is dedicated to all of you listeners and staff who are Jewish. Even if
you yourself aren't Jewish, but you have spouses or friends who are, either
way, this is for both you and them to enjoy. But wait!!! that's not all she
wrote. It gets even better! Do any of you have children, grandchildren or
adult friends who just like to act like children? In addition to the music,
I've also got some holiday stories lined up for you and the little ones as
well. We've got a classic golden drama that dates all the way back to
December 24, 1939, entitled A Christmas Carol starring Orson Welles and
Lionel Barrymore, along with another favorite of children and parents
everywhere, Twas the Night Before Christmas, narrated by George Gobel, an
Amos 'n' Andy program from December 24, 1950 and another golden oldie from
December 23, 1943 with Abbott and Costello. I'm much too young to know
anything about the 30s and 40s. In fact, I don't even know anything about
the 50s or 60s either. but nevertheless, regardless of how old some of these
stories are, this is going to be a fun-filled joyous program for the entire
family! We'll even be paying a visit to two very funny comedians; All the
way From Carmarthen Wales, we have Rhod Gilbert, and from Lakewood
California, we've got the very funny Danny Villalpando. Holiday music,
stories, and comedy? Hmmm, don't know if I can fit all these festive
events into four hours, but I'll certainly give it a try. So come one, come
all, And join me, Mike B for this very special extended edition of The Best
Of Yesterday and Today. Requests for your favorite holiday tunes are welcome
at

Mbern6516@xxxxxxx <mailto:Mbern6516@xxxxxxx>

Or via Skype at smiley-guy218. Surprisingly, only 2 people came forward to
submit their holiday greeting. Thanks to Brian M from our Mainstream
department for his contribution. The other is from one of our faithful
listeners, who happens to be a friend of mine, who hopes to be joining our
hip happening team in the near future. With a little creativity, I managed
to mix together two holiday greeting blocks using our affiliate messages.
Hope you'll like my audio handy work. So, I'm offering this simple phrase,
to kids from 1 to 92. Though it's been said, many times many ways, Merry
almost Christmas to each and every one of you. See you at the party tonight.

Mike

Do you love classic rock? Would you like to shake your groove with 80s new
wave and 90s hiphop? If so, check out my show every Wednesday night from 7
to 9 pm on ACB Radio Interactive at

www.acbradio.org/interactive