Catch the All-New Toews on the Waves

  • From: Bruce Toews <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Broadcasting Lists <blind-broadcasters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, blindcast@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, exploders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, internetradio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, radioclassics@xxxxxxxx, streamad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 09:12:25 -0600 (CST)

Coming up in January, catch the all-new, revamped and rejuvenated Toews on the Waves on Shellworld Radio. this one two-hour show replaces the two programs - Toews on the Waves: The Show of No Fixed Format and Radio Classics - which I aired from August to November, and hopefully has a little something for everyone. For example, here's what you can expect on the first show:

We'll be starting up, as usual, with some up-beat music to get you going. After that, we'll cut into out fifteen-minute spotlight feature, this week taking a look at American states in song. In the first hour we'll also hear a Christmas "Song I Can't Stand" and "Guilty Pleasure", as well as Ripley's Believe It Or Not. Mixed in with this will be some great tunes from the fifties to the eighties and beyond, and as a special treat, some interviews I recorded with a few of my nieces and nephews on Christmas Day.

We'll start the second hour with the first episode of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio series. Stay tuned to Toews on the Waves as we eventually present all twenty-six episodes in the series over the next half-year. After this, a new feature: One Guy's Thoughts, a commentary on any subject I consider interesting, from capital punishment to ketchup and everything in between. Then we'll take one more look at christmas with some great christmas novelty music, and finally we'll end the show with the rarely-heard 1942 original version of Bing Crosby's White Christmas. So it's a gradual phasing out of the Chrismas season and a return to normalcy on the inaugural episode of the all-new Toews on the Waves, and I hope you'll join me on the weekend of January 7 and 8 and each week thereafter for an Internet experience you won't want to forget.

Anyone interested in hearing my last shows from this year may do so by going to http://radio.shellworld.net/podcasts, where the shows are readily available for download.

I'll write more next week with the times for the shows, so stay tuned.

Bruce