Re: Applying plug-ins while burning

  • From: Reg Webb <reg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:54:02 +0100

Hi Wayne

I haven't been using the SQR Diskwriter, so I'm just going to paste his=20
readme file below in case that helps.  All I would add is that,=20
presumably, if you had DSP stuff running as well, such as the Tomaas=20
Limiter, this would also be applied to the file.  Also, as he points=20
out, you can have cross-fade switched off, and just have the gap killer.=20
Either way, you could end up with something processed that you could=20
then burn to CD, either with Winamp or something else.  That's enough=20
from me:  Here's the author.

_____________________________
SqrSoft=AE ACF Disk Writer v1.3
=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=
=AF=AF=AF=AF

=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF
1. What can this plug-in do?
2. News
3. Setting up the Crossfader
4. Gap Killer importance
5. License

1. What can this plug-in do?
=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=
=AF=AF=AF
SqrSoft=AE ACF Disk Writer v1.3 can crossfade two songs, the one Winamp is=
=20
playing and the next in the playlist. The crossfade is made by analyzing=20
sound level of the last seconds of the song to determine the best mix=20
point, applying the level envelope curves to the beginning and end of=20
the tracks.
This plugin includes a Gap Killer that eliminates the silence or any=20
sound bellow the trigger level, this is applied to the start and end of=20
the track.
This plugin also includes a format converter that gets activated when=20
you try to mix two songs with different bits per sample, sample rate or=20
number of channels. The sample converter will automatically change the=20
track to the default format.

2. News
=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF
-Added minimum and maximum crossfade length controls.
-Changed all the settings in "%" to "ms"
-Better non-linear curve algorithm.
-Linear crossfading curves changed to non-linear.
-Output format extended to 48000HZ.
-Fixed hang up when the option "Truncate tracks longer than..." is=20
enabled
-Added option "Truncate tracks longer than..."
-Changed to time instead of % in the option "Don=B4t crossfade tracks=20
smaller than..."
-Added support for smooth cuts in the "Gap killer"
-Sound level detection bug fixed
-Better prebuffer control, hang at track startup bug fixed
-Individual CrossFading with Fade-on-stop/skip parameters
-Now you can save configurations as presets!
-Better crossfading engine, less CPU time!!!
-Small and cosmetic bug fixes
-Wide mixing buffer length configuration range

3. Setting up the Crossfader
=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=
=AF=AF=AF
Here's how to set up the Crossfader for listening to live music or=20
playing music as any radio or club does.

3.1 Live music
=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF
This configuration is for live music, without gaps between tracks and=20
with some background noise.

-Buffer: Set number of blocks to 8 if you have a fast PC (PII or better)=20
or 16 if your PC is not fast enough, maximum block to 32kB, minimum to=20
4kB, priority to highest and prebuffer to 25%. Mixing buffer length=20
should be set to its lowest value, 500ms.
-Crossfade: leave this as default, it is not used in this configuration.
-Advanced: Uncheck "Enable crossfade", check "Use fade-on-stop/skip=20
crossfading parameters".

3.1 Club/Radio
=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF
-Buffer tab: Set number of blocks to 8 is you have a fast PC (PII or=20
better) or 16 if your PC is not fast enough, maximum block to 32kB,=20
minimum to 4kB, priority to highest and prebuffer to 25%. Mixing buffer=20
length should be set to about 16sec.
-Crossfade tab: Set fade in time to 0% and fade out to 100% for Radio or=20
0% for Club. Signal level should be between -1dB/-6dB for longer=20
overlapping or between -18dB/-48dB for small overlapping.
-Advanced tab: "Enable crossfade" must be checked, if you want you can=20
check "Use fade-on-stop/skip crossfading parameters" to make a short or=20
different crossfade on stop or skip.

4. Gap Killer importance
=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF
The main function of the Gap killer is remove the silence at the=20
beginning and end of the songs, this is very important if we=B4re going to=
=20
mix the songs and we want them to start in the right point. In opposite=20
case the mix quality will depend on the silence gap that the songs may=20
have at the beginning and end, so the use of the Gap killer is necessary=20
even if the mixer is not been used to crossfade.

5. License
=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF
This plugin is FREE!!!
If you=B4re planning to distribute this software you must do it without=20
any kind of change or modification on the plugin or the included=20
documentation.
If you want to contribute you could help me keep developing it, you can=20
send me a Postcard, DVD, CD or what you like... I=B4m accepting money too!
This plugin is free for personal use. For comercial use a license is=20
required authorizing you to use this plugin, contact with me for more=20
information.
I=B4M NOT RESPONSIBLE OF ANY DAMAGE OR DATA LOSS CAUSED BY THIS PLUGIN,=20
YOU ARE UNDER YOUR OWN RISK.
--=20
Reg Webb
Website: