[win2kforum] Re: screen resolution by user profile?

  • From: Matt Neimeyer <mneimeyer@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 17:44:55 -0400

>Could I create an script to run on Start for identify the user name and
>changes the screen resolution?

KixTart is one of the best tools I've ever found for scripting logons and
while it does have tools for identifying users it doesn't have a built in
function (that I could see in the docs) that allows you to change the
screen resolution.

If you had a command line / windows console application that changed the
resolution you could call that from your KixTart script.

I couldn't find such a utility but after a little searching on-line I was
able to find this page which talks about the ChangeDisplaySettings windows
API. http://www.vbapi.com/ref/c/changedisplaysettings.html. Someone with
windows coding experience should be able to turn that into a command line
utility that you could use.

Matt