[win2kforum] remove BDC from AD

  • From: Jack Nahman <jack.nahman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 09:39:02 -0400

I just upgraded an NT4 domain to Windows2000 AD. I upgraded a PDC and one
BDC to Win2000. I have another BDC that I do not want to upgrade but it does
show as a DC in AD. How can I remove the BDC from AD without having to
upgrade it to Win2000 and demote it using dcpromo?

Jack Nahman,
CNE, MCP, CCSA
Systems Engineer
CompuData, Inc.