[win2kforum] Traces

  • From: "L.W. Kramer" <lwkramer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:48:39 -0700

On the Server Install CDRom, you will find Netmon, a general trace tool.
Use of this tool also requires installation of the network monitor driver.

There are also some freeware trace tools

http://netgroup-serv.polito.it/netgroup/tools.html

Another nice item is the ability of BlackIce Defender to take traces
concurrently from multiple nics - this is a side feature of the product,
but if you need to trace on a multinic box, this feature alone is worth the
purcahse.

L.