[win2kforum] Re: This List and a Question

  • From: Sean Faust <SFaust@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 15:04:06 -0400

People have left the list for whatever reason.  Right before the list moved
a few people got their feelings hurt not to mention all of the ranting and
raving because the list moved without everyone's permission.

Question before I call Microsoft:  My domain is running in mixed mode.
Whenever I try to add a domain user to a local Wink professional group I get
the following message:  Processing of object (username) failed with the
following error:  The specified domain either does not exist or could not be
contacted.

This is happening on all Mbr servers and Win2K Pro machines I set up.  But
on my Win2K pro machine I can add users from the domain into local groups on
the machine just fine.  I cannot figure out what is different from my
machine to the new ones I am setting up.

Thank You
Sean Faust
Network Administrator
American Red Cross - Atlanta Chapter