[win2kforum] Re: Splash Screen

  • From: trent <felix@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:12:54 -0800

you could either hit F8 at the first splash screen ("Starting Windows" on
black background), and get into safe mode to see if you can't fix it.  If
you were to have to re-install everything, you can go for the overwrite
(boot from the CD, go through like your installing it for the first time,
only when it asks for the partition information have it use all the stuff
already there, which will delete the winnt directory and reinstall).  Of
you could wide the drive (either gdisk/other formatting utility) and start
from scratch.

         trent

-----

win2kforum-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx