[win2kforum] Splash Screen

  • From: cej4108@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Charles E. James)
  • To: windows2000profandadvserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, windows2000pro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:05:30 -0500

Good Afternoon, All

I have a computer with Win2K Pro and a young adult was using it then when I
went to boot up I got the splash screen and then if freezes. I tried it several
times with the same result.

I suspect something has been corrupted in the O/S. I remeber reading an article
once about that happening and how to fix it but can not remember.

I suspect I may have to attempt boot to safe mode and then run the install disk
in hopes it will allow me to reinstall/repair. Does this sound right?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sincerely,

--
Charles E. James, Programmer/Analyst