[win2kforum] Some strange behaviour before and after reinstalling Win2k

  • From: "Oded Neumann" <oded.neumann@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:23:51 +0100

Hi together.

In my "old" Operating System (W2K) I couldn't see any more in the Explorer's
"My network Places" >"Entire Network" > "Microsoft Windows Network" any of
my PCs in my Network. Even so, I still was able to get connection to another
pc thru "Tools">"Map Network Drive.". Because I couldn't solve the problem,
I was forced re-install the OS again.  Afterwards, I was able to see the
net-connections again. Has someone an Idea why the visibility onto the other
PCs in the network has disappeared?

When I began the new installation of W2K, the system had to re-boot several
times.  After each boot-procedure, I could see all the previous open Windows
of the "Windows-Explorer" again (although the W2K-Explorer has got NO
possibility to wish or not those opened windows like in Windows XP).  Any
how, that was actually positive.
Now, after I bring gradually my system back to the old state, NONE of the
previous opened Explorer-Windows appear any more after the boots.  What is
the reason and what could I do, in order being able to see all the previous
opened windows appearing again after the boot procedure?

I've also re-installed Office 2003. As before, I also installed "Outlook
2003 Add-In Personal Folder Backup". My Problem is, that if I click on
"Files" (in Outlook), I CANT SEE that command. I also tried to uninstall and
re-re-install, but the result is the same. Any Ideas?

Regards
Oded.

-----

win2kforum-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx