[win2kforum] Re: New User Cannot Logon NT 4.0 WS

  • From: "L.W. Kramer" <lwkramer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 06:50:03 -0700

another test -
log on locally to the nt4 wkstn and then try to map a drive on a domain
server using override credentials (domain-name\userid).
The question that this would address is whether you have namespace
visibility at all from the nt4 box to the domain.
Along the same lines -
logging on locally, map a drive using the ip address syntax
( e.g. "\\192.168.xxx.yyy\d$), to see if you get challenged for
authentication. This bypasses netbios name lookup.

L.