[win2kforum] Big HD (40 GB) as Drive C:

  • From: "Subi" <odette_subi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 13:08:09 +0200

Hi Guys.
I intend to upgrade my HDD drive C: from 3 GB to 40GB. At the moment I've
got on my C-drive only one partition. The file system is NTFS. My PC is a
Pentium2/450, the OS is W2K pro, and the Bios is from Award.

Should I use the new HD as one big partition? Or shell I divide it into
several logical disks?
I'd prefer to make a backup of my current drive and then to restore it onto
the new drive, or would I have to re-install all my SW again?

Any suggestions?
Any "keep in mind?."?,
Any "goodies"?
Any "Don'ts"?

BTW. Many thanks to Chris Krug for answering my last question concerning the
memory upgrade.

O. Subi