unicode (was Re: utf8, macos8, and fmt)

  • From: "John C. Lamoreaux" <jclam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 18:43:59 -0500

> I'll settle for a full guide to "Wily and UTF8 for mere mortals" if
> you can muster it.  It still confuses me :-(

Me too.  How better to get the details straight than by writing it all
out.

I am currenty including the following subjects:

1. What wily can and cannot do via-\`a-vis unicode.

2. How to install unicode fonts, both X11 and Plan9.
        - with an overview of what fonts are available, and which
        portions of unicode they cover.

3. How to enable these fonts for use in wily.

4. What to do in lieu of input methods, that is, how do I get these
dang characters into my documents.

5. How do I print my documents? // alias ``why you still need Word and
a PC'' (argh!)

6. What about BIDI and other non-roman character sets.

Any thoughts on other topics that might be of use for a document such
as this?

Sherefe
John