Re: difference in wily ?

  • From: Serge Gagnon <gagnon__s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 12:25:59 -0400

On 09 May 2002 11:06:23 +0100
"Mark H. Wilkinson" <mhw+wily@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[...]
> The usage message says this:
> wily [-c ncolumns] [-t tabsize] [-e command]
>      [-f|-p9font varfont] [-F|-p9fixed fixfont] [file1 ...]

Arrrhhhh ... the only thing that I didn't try is a simple wily -h .........
How to complicate what it is simple in 45 volumes, by Serge Gagnon...

> > I look in the wily's homepage and didn't find any information about
> > this change.
>
> Sorry; there's obviously a bit of confusion as to what's considered the
> official version of wily. The 9libs one was more a proof of concept to
> show how the 9libs build system would work (download the packages you
> want, build them in one go). It never really got integrated into the
> main release (though that's probably more due to there being no wily
> development activity at all at the time than anything else, I think).

I'm a student, I'm learning C by my own, the first projects that I want
to do is more tools or change in wily when I'll have a better
knowledge of C and unix programming... but I won't promise nothing now.

Just a little detail, since you make the last change in your packages,
I can build all the thing ( wily/ tools ) in OpenBSD without using
the ports or change one line of code. It's good. :)

It's just because I am a little bit curious ->
Do you know ( average ) how many people are using wily ?
(Download statistic )

--
Serge Gagnon