Re: difference in wily ?

  • From: ozan s yigit <oz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 21:12:09 -0400

> > > Perhaps I should follow oz's example and plonk 9libs on
> > > sourceforge...
> >
> > Please, don't use sourceforge.  Using non-free tools to develop free
> > software is such a backwards step.  We've come too far.  Other hosts
> > (some linked at coopx.eu.org I think) are available.

ok i should make few things clear. it is not out there yet. i just picked
out the space; sourceforge was mentioned early on, so i thought that was
the right place to host wily so that distros can pick copies, and it is
more visible. i don't follow portalitics all that well; i assumed it was
still the quintessential open source portal. i realize va-whatever is in
hard times, but i did not know sourceforce is now portal-a-non-grata.
what happened? what alternatives are there? if there is another really
strong opensource bazaar, i'd use that. or i can just leave it where
it is until later...

> Why not savannah.gnu.org?

um, i thought savannah was for gnu projects. wily does not come with gnu
copyleft, does not follow gnu coding standards, not is it ever likely to. :)

cheers... oz