Re: Proportional fonts

  • From: ozan s yigit <oz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MJ Ray <markj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:41:36 -0400

> At the moment, plain wily is packaged and available at
>   http://www.uk.debian.org/debian/pool/main/w/wily/
> but 9libs wily is not packaged at all, as there probably should be
> a 9libs package as well as a wily one.

yes there should be a 9libs package.
solaris packages for both versions also coming shortly.

> Will the next version be 9libs?  Xft?  Where are we heading?

future is certainly 9libs (as separate) but i intend to keep 13.42 and
.43 in dual form for people who prefer to get a all-contained version of
wily [the only problem with this is that 9libs libXg does things somewhat
differently already than the .41 version, eg. configuration for wily
cursor control etc, but that is a documentation issue]

oz
---
It's easy to have a complicated idea.
It's very, very hard to have a simple idea. -- carver mead