Re: Proportional fonts

  • From: ozan s yigit <oz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:01:50 -0400

mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx:

> That's a good start, but I'd prefer to be using the Xft patch. To that
> end, I found the patch and downloaded the wily sources, but the wily
> sources I found were split across two tarballs - 9libs-1.0.tar.gz and
> wily-9libs.tar.gz. The patch seems to be against a directory full of
> files called wily-0.13.41, ...

0.13.41 is the baseline, and the 9libs version is the same thing with
minor changes and split version with 9libs. both versions are in sourceforge
for download. there is no patched distribution because i thought Xft patch is
an ad-hoc addition, a placeholder while waiting for something better. i'm not
putting it down, people who need it should use it as they see fit, i just
don't have a definitive 9libs version. there was some discussion of this
in the past, but i have not received any further word on anyone wanting
to take on this.

if there is general consensus that further releases of wily should contain
the "Xft" patch, i guess i'll put it in until some future revision, so feel
free to comment.

oz
---
music is the space between the notes. | www.cs.yorku.ca/~oz
                   -- claude debussy  | york u. dept of computer science