[wiaattorneys] Re: WIB Question

  • From: "O'Neill, Paul (EOL)" <Paul.O'Neill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <perrellis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "John Albin" <jalbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wiaattorneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 14:59:22 -0500

Sante,

We allow it pursuant to state incorporation laws, but the organization
still needs to meet WIA requirements for all votes, transctions
involving federal dollars.  Several of our area WIBs are either
completely non-profit corp. or have a non-profit controlled entity that
is a separate part of the WIB.

Paul T. O'Neill
Chief Legal Counsel
Massachusetts Department of Workforce Development
One Ashburton Place, Room 2112
Boston, MA 02108
Tel:  617-727-6573 x 107
Fax: 617-727-1090