[wiaattorneys] Re: WIA State Board Memberships

  • From: "Bob Simoneau" <Bsimoneau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jpomerantz@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <jalbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 10:31:11 -0400

John, I agree with Jane, the number of local areas shouldn't matter.
It's the representation from the partners that is the main issue with
the large numbers of members - then of course you have to match - plus
one - the number with business reps.  Some states have kept this number
by "loosely" designating some members as representatives of multiple
programs.  It shouldn't be too hard to get the numbers down to 20+ by
doing this.  Bob

Bob Simoneau
NASWA
Workforce Development Director